Submissions for the 2019 Writers Award are now closed.
Writers! Want to be part of MICROFLIX – an exciting new literature-based film festival auspiced by Spineless Wonders? We are calling out for prose pieces of up to 400 words on the theme of SOUND for the 2019 Microflix Awards. Submissions will be selected by microlit specialist & Spineless Wonder editor, Cassandra Atherton. Deadline 30 April.
If selected, your work will be made available on the Microflix website for a filmmaker to adapt into a 3-minute film. If that film is selected by our jurists as a finalist, you will be eligible for one of the Microflix Writers Awards including a $500 cash prize.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Submissions must respond to the theme of SOUND.
- Submissions can be up to 400 words in length.
- Entry is open to Australians and anyone residing in Australia.
- Entry is $10 for general entry and free for students and concession holders.
- Each entry can consist of up to three pieces of
- Submissions will only be accepted via Submission Manager.
- Submission deadline is midnight AEST, April 30.
- Submissions which are selected for inclusion in the 2019
MicroflixAwards will be made available in pdf format on the Microflixwebsite from May 6 until June 30.
- Submissions which are adapted into films which then go on to be selected as finalists by the
Microflixjurists will be eligible for the MicroflixWriters Awards.
- The 2019
MicroflixWriters Awards consist of $500 cash prize as well as books and writing resources.